Saturday, January 1, 2011

Last drawing of 2010 - Jasmine

My lovely friend Jasmine kindly sat for a portrait yesterday for a few hours.  I was able to do a rough sketch, then begin the portrait.  I meant to do some solid measurements first, restraining from jumping into the details, but I think my measurement methods must suck because it was awful and frustrating and I needed skip stages to find her likeness.  I think the impatience, most likely, is a bad thing.  I think if I were more disciplined, I'd have more successful drawings in the end.  This is where David Malan's tracing paper tip would come in handy, though I've never tried it (and maybe it's not meant for) when drawing a live model.  Also still need to "find" my shading technique... I should really do this more often.

So here she is, or as far as I was able to get before heading off to New Years Eve celebrations.  There are levels of success here with her likeness, but I didn't do her justice.  Hopefully I can try again :) or at least fill in the hair and neck

2 comments:

Giuseppe Bianco said...

Wow. You really capture beauty in your drawings. So realistic.

executeyk said...

Thank you Giuseppe, so sweet of you :)